Returned goods organisation
To ensure that we can process returned goods quickly, efficiently and reliably, please comply with the following procedure.
In general, your known contact in order processing is responsible for the organisation of returned goods:
Fax no.: 09221/709-924 8181
Please note that only goods accompanied by a returned goods note can be processed. Returned goods which arrive at our premises without a returned goods note shall be returned at the sender's expense.
The following procedure is to be adhered to in order to ensure quick and reliable returned goods processing.
- All goods to be returned must be announced in advance. For this purpose, please use the aforementioned contact information or the returned goods request.
- All goods which have been registered and approved from RIEDEL for return are assigned a serial returned goods number in our inventory control system.
- Subsequently, we send a returned goods note (in duplicate) to your address by e-mail. It must accompany the returned goods when you send them to us. Where appropriate, the returned goods note also includes the declaration of harmlessness. A copy remains with your records. The returned goods number therein must be quoted when you place a query.
- The address for returned goods is: Glen Dimplex Deutschland GmbH - Riedel Division - Hall G - Incoming Goods - Am Goldenen Feld 18 - 95326 Kulmbach, Germany
Please note the following provisions, especially in the case of goods that are being returned for technical evaluation and/or repairs:
By returning the goods to us, you accept that products which cannot be processed economically will be scrapped by us without consultation if the processing costs exceed 60% of the purchase price. The decision as to whether or not the goods can be processed economically is made by us. As the sender, you bear the costs. For products with processing costs that are below 25% of the currently valid Riedel list price or 25% of your purchase price, we are not obligated to obtain a separate order for processing. You accept the processing costs, which are determined on an individual basis.
Caution, please note before returning goods:
- The returned cooler's tank must be cleaned, emptied and vacuumed out (applies for water, water-glycol mixtures and oil for oil coolers).
- Pipes must be blown clean with compressed air and sealed.
- As appropriate, components such as pumps, filter holders, DI cartridges etc. must be emptied separately.
- Empty the tank's level indicator, if present.
- Protect the cooler from transport damage.
- Protect the cooler from dust.
We can accept no liability for any damages resulting from non-compliance with the foregoing points. Under some circumstances, that may void any warranty claims.
Should assessment of the returned goods fail to confirm the claimed reason for return and/or technical defect, we shall charge you for the costs for spare parts delivery plus an adequate administrative charge.
If you were informed of the preliminary result of the returned goods inspection with the Enquiry after inspection of returned goods form, please inform us within four weeks of how we should proceed with your returned product. After the deadline has expired we will either return the items carriage forward without repairs or send them to be scrapped. This decision is made by us. Costs incurred will be borne by you or the sender.
Flat rates apply for the billing of processing, scrapping, inspection and packaging of certain products.
Following assessment, we will send a credit note for accepted claims.
Declaration of harmlessness
A valid declaration of harmlessness, if applicable, must be submitted to RIEDEL with the returned product. The declaration of harmlessness shall be sent with the returned goods note. A form for the declaration of harmlessness can be downloaded here
Externally visible damage caused in transit is to be reported to the carrier (shipping agent, parcel service) in writing on the consignment note (§ 438 German Commercial Code). Under no circumstances may proper receipt be confirmed without additional remarks.
Cases of concealed transport damage must be reported within 8 days.
Within this period, the damage must be reported to the carrier (shipping agent, parcel service) in writing.
Send a copy of this notice to your contact at RIEDEL order processing:
Fax no.: 09221/709-924 8181
If reporting deadlines are not adhered to, we will no longer be able to issue a credit note.
If the rectification of transport damage is deemed uneconomical, the product can be scrapped on site after written confirmation from RIEDEL order processing.
Products can only be accepted for return with our written approval. Returns should, of course, be limited to those brought about in exceptional circumstances.
As a rule, the following cannot be returned:
- Products which are manufactured and delivered to customers under their own brand names or which can be differentiated from RIEDEL's standard product range by design, technical data or labelling.
- Products which are no longer in our product range or are being discontinued, and custom products.
Products which have been ordered in error may be returned within 4 weeks of delivery, as long as they are still in the original packaging and have not been used or installed, can be resold, and are in a technically faultless condition. The packaging must be in its original state, i.e. it must not be altered by the presence of another brand name. Goods delivered to our premises shall only be accepted if adequate carriage has been paid by the sender.
Return requests must be submitted in accordance with returned goods procedures with a returned goods request and a copy of the invoice to your contact at RIEDEL order processing.
If the packaging shows signs of damage, the product will be returned at the expense of the customer or scrapped, as desired. If a return is desired, we are to be notified of this within a period of 5 days.
An administrative charge of 15% of the net value shall apply to returns of goods ordered in error, or a minimum charge of 80 € plus VAT. Furthermore, we draw your attention to the applicable flat rates and our general terms of sale and delivery.
Flat rates for returned goods processing
- GEK coolers 45.00 € plus VAT
- Small chillers (PC 1x to 8x, 10 kW maximum*) 49.00 € plus VAT
- Medium chillers (PC 1xx to 6xx, 70 kW maximum*) 55.00 € plus VAT
- Large chillers (PC 8xx to 2xxx, bigger 70 kW*) 61.00 € plus VAT *net refrigerant capacity (at operation point tW2 = 20°C and tU = 32°C)
- GEK coolers on a time and materials basis
- Small chillers (PC 1x to 8x, 10 kW maximum*)52.00 € plus VAT
- Medium chillers (PC 1xx to 6xx, 70 kW maximum*) 60.00 € plus VAT
- Large chillers (PC 8xx to 2xxx, bigger 70 kW*)75.00 € plus VAT *net refrigerant capacity (at operation point tW2 = 20°C and tU = 32°C)
Flat rate for test rigs
- GEK coolers 80.00 € plus VAT
- Small chillers (PC 1x to 8x, 10 kW maximum*) 287.00 € plus VAT
- Medium chillers (PC 1xx to 6xx, 70 kW maximum*)409.00 € plus VAT
- Large chillers (PC 8xx to 2xxx, bigger 70 kW*)756.00 € plus VAT *net refrigerant capacity (at operation point tW2 = 20°C and tU = 32°C)
- GEK coolers 60.00 € plus VAT
- Small chillers (PC 1x to 8x, 10 kW maximum*) 46.00 € plus VAT
- Medium chillers (PC 1xx to 6xx, 70 kW maximum*) 67.00 € plus VAT
- Large chillers (PC 8xx to 2xxx, bigger 70 kW*)108.00 € plus VAT *net refrigerant capacity (at operation point tW2 = 20°C and tU = 32°C)#Price applies if delivered pallet can be reused.
Flat rate for scrapping
- GEK coolers 90.00 € plus VAT
- Small chillers (PC 1x to 8x, 10 kW maximum*) 98.00 € plus VAT
- Medium chillers (PC 1xx to 6xx, 70 kW maximum*)132.00 € plus VAT
- Large chillers (PC 8xx to 2xxx, bigger 70 kW*)165.00 € plus VAT *net refrigerant capacity (at operation point tW2 = 20°C and tU = 32°C)
Refrigerant disposal (per kg) 32.00 € plus VAT
Further processing costs are determined on an individual basis:
Labour costs per hour: 78.00 € plus VAT and materials
Prices as of June 2012, subject to change.